This week we hosted a webinar where we gave an update on WHEB’s strategy covering Q1 2020 and the COVID-19 crisis. Many of you dialled in, we hope you enjoyed it and found it a useful update. For those that missed it, a recording of the webinar is available below.
If you would like to arrange an update call or if you have any questions, please get in touch.
For the month ending 31 March 2020, the Fund returned -6.5% compared to the MSCI World Net TR Index (AUD unhedged) which returned -8.6%. We also provide full investment commentary as well as an article written by Ted Franks: a Lockdown on Leverage.
||Agilent Technologies||United States||Health Care|
||Ansys||United States||Information Technology|
||Danaher||United States||Health Care|
||Intertek Group||United Kingdom||Industrials|
||Roper Technologies||United States||Industrials|
||TE Connectivity||United States||Information Technology|
|1 Month||1 Year||3 Years P.A.||5 Years P.A.||SINCE MANDATED|
|Strategy (partial simulation2)||9.1%||6.2%||5.3%|
|VOLATILITY3||13.2%||NUMBER OF STOCKS||52|
Partner, Fund Manager
Partner, Head of Research
The Pengana WHEB Sustainable Impact Fund invests in companies with activities providing solutions to sustainability challenges. WHEB have identified critical environmental and social challenges facing the global population over coming decades including a growing and ageing population, increasing resource scarcity, urbanisation and globalisation. The Fund invests in companies providing solutions to these sustainability challenges via nine sustainable investment themes – five of these are environmental (cleaner energy, environmental services, resource efficiency, sustainable transport and water management) and four are social (education, health, safety and well-being). WHEB’s mission is ‘to advance sustainability and create prosperity through positive impact investments.’
|Alpha Israel Fund||International Fund||High Conviction Property Securities Fund||Australian Equities Fund|
|International Fund - Ethical||Global Small Companies Fund||WHEB Sustainable Impact Fund||Emerging Companies Fund|
|Emerging Companies Fund||High Conviction Equities Fund||Australian Equities Income Fund||Pengana International Equities Limited (ASX: PIA)|
|International Fund - Ethical Opportunity||Private Equity Trust (ASX: PE1)|
1. From August 2017, performance figures are those of the Pengana WHEB Sustainable Impact Fund’s class A units (net of fees and including reinvestment of distributions). The strategy’s AUD performance between January 2006 and July 2017 has been simulated by Pengana from the monthly net GBP returns of the Henderson Industries of the Future Fund (from 1 January 2006 to 31 December 2011) and the FP WHEB Sustainability Fund (from 30 April 2012 to 31 July 2017). This was done by: 1) converting the GBP denominated net returns to AUD using FactSet’s month-end FX rates (London 4PM); 2) adding back the relevant fund’s monthly ongoing charge figure; then 3) deducting the Pengana WHEB Sustainable Impact Fund’s management fee of 1.35% p.a. The WHEB Listed Equity strategy did not operate between 1 January 2012 and 29 April 2012 – during this period returns are zeroed. The Henderson Industries of the Future Fund’s and the FP WHEB Sustainability Fund’s GBP net track record data is historical. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. The value of the investment can go up or down.
2. The Fund incepted on 31 October 2007 as the Hunter Hall Global Deep Green Trust. The Fund was relaunched on 1 August 2017 as the Pengana WHEB Sustainable Impact Fund employing the WHEB Listed Equity strategy. This strategy was first employed on 1 January 2006 by the Henderson Industries of the Future Fund and currently by the FP WHEB Sustainability Fund.
3. Annualised standard deviation since inception.
4. Relative to MSCI World Total Return Index (net, AUD unhedged)
* For further information regarding fees please see the PDS available on our website.