The rapid rollout of COVID-19 vaccines is starting to point to a route out of lockdown and the economic and social restrictions of the last 12 months. In our latest commentary Associate Fund Manager, Ty Lee, looks at the healthcare technologies that will help lead us out of the pandemic.
Read full commentary here
||Agilent Technologies||United States||Health Care|
||Cerner||United States||Health Care|
||Danaher||United States||Health Care|
||Intertek Group||United Kingdom||Industrials|
||MSA Safety||United States||Industrials|
||Thermo Fisher Scientific||United States||Health Care|
|1 Month||1 Year||3 Years P.A.||5 Years P.A.||SINCE INCEPTION|
|Strategy (partial simulation2)||11.2%||6.4%|
|VOLATILITY3||13.1%||NUMBER OF STOCKS||46|
Partner, Fund Manager
Partner, Head of Research
The Pengana WHEB Sustainable Impact Fund invests in companies with activities providing solutions to sustainability challenges. WHEB have identified critical environmental and social challenges facing the global population over coming decades including a growing and ageing population, increasing resource scarcity, urbanisation and globalisation. The Fund invests in companies providing solutions to these sustainability challenges via nine sustainable investment themes – five of these are environmental (cleaner energy, environmental services, resource efficiency, sustainable transport and water management) and four are social (education, health, safety and well-being). WHEB’s mission is ‘to advance sustainability and create prosperity through positive impact investments.’
|International Fund||High Conviction Property Securities Fund||Australian Equities Fund||International Ethical Fund|
|Global Small Companies Fund||WHEB Sustainable Impact Fund||Emerging Companies Fund||High Conviction Equities Fund|
|Pengana International Equities Limited (ASX: PIA)||International Fund - Ethical Opportunity||Private Equity Trust (ASX: PE1)||Alpha Israel Fund|
1. From August 2017, performance figures are those of the Pengana WHEB Sustainable Impact Fund’s class A units (net of fees and including reinvestment of distributions). The strategy’s AUD performance between January 2006 and July 2017 has been simulated by Pengana from the monthly net GBP returns of the Henderson Industries of the Future Fund (from 1 January 2006 to 31 December 2011) and the FP WHEB Sustainability Fund (from 30 April 2012 to 31 July 2017). This was done by: 1) converting the GBP denominated net returns to AUD using FactSet’s month-end FX rates (London 4PM); 2) adding back the relevant fund’s monthly ongoing charge figure; then 3) deducting the Pengana WHEB Sustainable Impact Fund’s management fee of 1.35% p.a. The WHEB Listed Equity strategy did not operate between 1 January 2012 and 29 April 2012 – during this period returns are zeroed. The Henderson Industries of the Future Fund’s and the FP WHEB Sustainability Fund’s GBP net track record data is historical. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. The value of the investment can go up or down.
2. The Fund incepted on 31 October 2007 as the Hunter Hall Global Deep Green Trust. The Fund was relaunched on 1 August 2017 as the Pengana WHEB Sustainable Impact Fund employing the WHEB Listed Equity strategy. This strategy was first employed on 1 January 2006 by the Henderson Industries of the Future Fund and currently by the FP WHEB Sustainability Fund.
3. Annualised standard deviation since inception.
4. Relative to MSCI World Total Return Index (net, AUD unhedged)
* For further information regarding fees please see the PDS available on our website.