During August 2021, the Pengana Axiom International Ethical Fund (Hedged) (“Fund”) delivered 4.4% to investors. The Fund’s benchmark, the MSCI All Country World Index (“Index”), in AUD terms, delivered 2.6%.1
||Adobe Inc||United States||Information Technology|
||Alphabet Inc||United States||Communication Services|
||Amazon||United States||Consumer Discretionary|
||Asml Holdings||Netherlands||Information Technology|
||Danaher||United States||Health Care|
||Facebook Inc||United States||Communication Services|
||Generac Holdings Inc||United States||Industrials|
||Microsoft||United States||Information Technology|
||Moderna Inc||United States||Health Care|
||ServiceNow Inc||United States||Information Technology|
The Class was established in 1 July 2017. From June 2021 Axiom was appointed as the investment manager for the Fund.
|Fund: APIR (HHA0002AU)2,3
Managed by Axiom from June 2021
|Current Strategy (Partial Simulation)5,6
Axiom Global Equity Strategy
Swipe horizontally to see all columns
|VOLATILITY8||8.6%||NUMBER OF STOCKS||49|
|BETA (USING DAILY RETURNS)9||0.74|
Managing Director/Portfolio Manager
CEO/Chief Investment Officer
The Pengana Axiom International Ethical Fund (Hedged) invests in companies that are dynamically growing and changing for the better, more rapidly than generally expected and where the positive changes are not yet reflected in expectations or valuation.
The Global Equity Strategy seeks dynamic growth by concentrating its investments in global developed markets, and may also invest in companies located in emerging markets.
The investment manager is Axiom Investors, a Connecticut-based global equity fund manager formed in 1998 with over US$19billion in assets under Management.
|Harding Loevner International Fund||Axiom International Ethical Fund||Axiom International Ethical Fund (Hedged)||Australian Equities Fund|
|High Conviction Property Securities Fund||Global Small Companies Fund||WHEB Sustainable Impact Fund||Emerging Companies Fund|
|High Conviction Equities Fund||Pengana International Equities Limited (ASX: PIA)||Private Equity Trust (ASX: PE1)||Alpha Israel Fund|
1. From 4 June 2021 the capital component of the foreign currency exposure for the Fund is hedged back to Australian dollars.
2. Axiom was appointed fund manager as of 5 May 2021. June 2021 represents the first full month of Axiom managing the Fund.
3. Inception date 1 July 2017. Figures shown are calculated from the continuous performance of both the current and previous strategies. For performance see row labelled Fund: APIR (HHA0002AU) in the table above which is the continuous performance of both the current and previous strategies.
4. Axiom Global Equity Strategy inception 1 Jul 2004.
5. Prior to 1 June 2021, the Axiom Global Equity Strategy performance (labeled ‘Current Strategy (Partial Simulation)’ and shown in the shaded area) includes the strategy performance simulated by Pengana from the monthly gross USD returns of the Axiom Global Equity strategy. The Axiom Global Equity Strategy performance does not include the Pengana ethical screen
6. Prior to 4 June 2021 hedged performance has been simulated by Pengana for both the Fund and Index. This was done by: 1) using 3 month rolling forwards to hedge movements in the AUD/USD spot rate, and 2) deducting the Pengana International Ethical Fund (Hedged) management fee of 1.35% p.a. from the Fund’s performance.
From 4 June 2021, index performance is from the MSCI All Country World Total Return in AUD (Hedged). Prior to 4 June 2021, index performance is simulated from the MSCI All Country World Total Return in USD
7. Performance for periods greater than 12 months are annualised. Net performance figures are shown after all fees and expenses, and assume reinvestment of distributions. No allowance has been made for buy/sell spreads. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance, the value of investments can go up and down.
8. Annualised standard deviation since inception.
9. Relative to the MSCI All Country World Total Return in AUD (Hedged).
*For further information regarding fees please see the PDS available on our website.